Dave's Entertainment Links Page
- Al Lutz' site, including:
- Disneyland Information Guide, a wonderful, all-encompassing series of pages with everything you need to know before you visit Disneyland. When used in conjunction with the official Disneyland page, you'll be fully prepared.
- Animal Planet on cable television, from the folks at The Discovery Channel.
- Quite a good alternative to much of the standard "junk" on television.
- I particularly enjoy "Crocodile Hunter". It's about Steve and Terri Irwin, who run the Australia Zoo (formerly the Queensland Reptile and Fauna Park) and all their adventures.
- Another excellent Crocodile Hunter page.
- Watch for "Vets in Practice," "Animal Doctor" and "Emergency Vets" various evenings and various times through the week.
- A Prairie Home Companion® with Garrison Keillor, from Minnesota Public Radio.
- Greetings from Lake Wobegon®, American Duct Tape CouncilTM, Bertha's Kitty Boutique®, Chatterbox CafeTM, Fred Ferrell Animal Calls®, Just Tweezers®,
Powdermilk Biscuits®, etc.
- At Home with Richard Simmons.
- Buck Owens' Crystal Palace restaurant, country store, theater/night club and museum in Bakersfield.
- California State Fair. Runs for 18 days starting in late August and ending on Labor Day.
- Car Talk with Click and Clack, the Tappet Brothers, otherwise known as Tom and Ray Magliazzi. Learn a little about car repair and have many good laughs at the same time.
- Find them on the radio.
- S.F. Bay Area: KQED-FM 88.5 on Sunday at 10:00 a.m., repeated the following Saturday at 10:00 a.m.
- Dick Clark Productions, Inc.
- Doonesbury Electronic Town Meeting.
- The Internet Movie Data Base.
- Late Night with Conan O'brien.
- The Late Show with David Letterman, including Top 10 Archives, Faces of Dave, Guests, Bests, News, Who's Who, links to Paul Shaffer,
Biff Henderson and Calvert de Forest and lineups for the coming week.
- Dear Dave: please learn how to pronounce "Kevorkian." There is only one "r" in it. (Similar to your mispronunciation of "Orloff" many years ago as "Olaf.") Thank you.
- Dave says he hadn't seen the "new" $100 bill until Tom Selleck showed him one. Maybe he is making too much money.
- At least he seemed to know all of The Beach Boys by name.
- What were Walt Disney's last words? (Brett Butler, November 7, 1996).
- I was also impressed that Dave was familiar with St. Mark's Square (Piazza San Marco) in Venice, Italy.
- Who else but Dave could (or would) use the word "quisling" in day-to-day conversation? (January 7, 1998.)
- Or "feckless." Or "viscous." (January 26, 1998.)
- Or that he know how to ride a motorcycle? (June 17, 2003)
- Rodney Dangerfield's Home Page.
- Ebert & Roeper. Includes a searchable data base of movie reviews, recent reviews and more.
- This Week At The TV Barn with Aaron Barnhart, TV reporter for the Kansas City Star.
- The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, including links to Jay's Crew and Upcoming Guests.
- Dear Jay: I know you have dyslexia, but please practice saying "nu-cle-ar."
- Could we please have fewer jokes about bodily functions?
- Could we please see "less" of sound man Al Magnone?
- Wow! Jay actually pronounced "nuclear" correctly! May 28, 1999.
- Jay went back to pronouncing it "nu-cu-lar" on June 1, 1999.
Comments - Feedback - Input - Rebuttals
Back to Dave's Home Page
Last updated on July 8, 2003.
David W. Schultheis, San Josť, Silicon Valley, Santa Clara County, California, USA