Dave's Transportation Links Page
- Altamont Commuter Express, rail service between Stockton and Silicon Valley is here.
- AMTRAK Information from the National Passenger Railroad Corporation.
- Amtrak West, a partnership of AMTRAK and the California Department of Transportation. This site primarily covers the San Diegan trains in southern California.
- The Coast Starlight, which runs up and down the west coast, has its own web page.
- The Capitol Corridor trains, which run from San Jose to Sacramento. The Capitols are now administered by BART but the BART site doesn't have any information about them. I'm still looking.
- B.A.R.T. The San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District, with service to numerous bay area cities. (Old site.)
- Burlington Northern-Santa Fé Railroad
- California Western Railroad, home of the Skunk Trains.
- California State Railroad Museum, Second at "I" Streets, Old Sacramento.
- C.T.R.C. California Trolley and Railroad Corporation including the Santa Clara Valley Railroad Association.
Read about the Southern Pacific 2479 Baldwin P-10 heavy Pacific (4-6-2) (with photographs!)
and the Santa Clara County Railroad Museum with historical photographs and an artist's conception
of the museum to be built at the Fairgrounds.
- CalTrain The Peninsula Commute Service - San Francisco to San Jose and Gilroy.
- Flimsies ... West!, the only newsmagazine of western railroading.
- Feather River Rail Society, owner and operator of the Portola Railroad Museum.
- Golden Gate Railroad Museum. Usually includes information about upcoming 2472 trips.
- Lake Tahoe Airport, South Lake Tahoe CA.
- Light Rail.Com.
- Mercurio, the European Railway Server, including
- METRO, Washington (D.C.) Metropolitan Area Transit Authority.
- Metropolitan Transportation Authority of New York.
- The Napa Valley Wine Train.
- NETransit, The New England Transportation Site. Lots of pictures.
- Railroad Photo Archive, Ron Lehmer's color photos of mostly southern California trains.
- SFO - San Francisco International Airport
- San Francisco Municipal Railway.
- San Jose International Airport, Gateway to Silicon Valley.
- Santa Clara Valley Transit Authority (VTA). Announcements, Information, Schedules, Maps, Telephone Numbers.
- Southern California Railroad Resources.
- Southern Pacific Railroad Links. Southern Pacific has merged into Union Pacific.
- TrainOrders.Com, see almost-live pictures from the Tehachapi RailCam, and more.
- U.P.R.R., The Union Pacific Railroad, including the former Western Pacific and Southern Pacific Railroads.
Comments - Feedback - Input - Rebuttals
Back to Dave's Home Page
Be sure to visit Dave's Railfan Page
Go to Dave's Trips Page
Last updated on April 11, 2005.
David W. Schultheis, San José, Silicon Valley, Santa Clara County, California, USA