Dave's Government Links Page
- Department of Commerce.
- F.C.C. Federal Communications Commission.
- License renewals can be handled online, up to 120 days before expiration, using the new (virtual) Form 900.
- Department of Justice
- Library of Congress.
- Department of the Treasury.
- Department of Transportation
- Department of Veterans Affairs.
- U.S. Consumer Gateway Home Page.
- California Government Information from A.B.A.G., the Association of Bay Area Governments.
- California Home Page from the Governor's Council on Information Technology.
- County of Santa Clara.
- About Santa Clara County.
- Santa Clara County Communications.
- I was a Communications Dispatcher II for over 29 years.
- Communications Dispatchers handle radio and telephone communications for the County Sheriff, County Fire, County paramedics, County Parks, numerous other state and municipal and agencies, and a few private local service providers.
- We started giving emergency medical Pre-Arrival Instructions on June 17, 1996 and the program is working well.
- In September of 1998 we transitioned to the Advanced Medical Priority Dispatching System from the National Academy of Emergency Medical Dispatch; most of the dispatchers upgraded to Version 11 of the AMPDS in October of 2000.
- Dave's Public Safety Frequency Page
- 9-1-1 Outreach Group. May no longer be viable.
- Santa Clara County District Attorney's Office.
- Santa Clara County Fair.
- Santa Clara County Fire Department.
- Santa Clara County Library.
- Santa Clara County Parks & Recreation.
- Santa Clara County Registrar of Voters.
- Santa Clara County Roads & Airports.
- Santa Clara County Sheriff.
- West Valley Division, serving residents of the cities of Cupertino, Los Altos Hills, Saratoga and the Unincorporated areas of Santa Clara County, including parts of the Santa Cruz Mountains.
- Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority (VTA) Home Page.
- Santa Clara Valley Water District, wholesaler for most of the county's water companies. Hey Noah!.
- other county departments-agencies.
- P.S.C.M.A., Public Safety Communications Managers Association (of Santa Clara County) Home Page, including dispatcher job announcements, training information and much more.
Emergency Telephone Numbers:
On January 28, 1997, The Santa Clara County Board of Supervisors approved a request from the Central Fire Protection District to use the name Santa Clara County Fire Department. Dispatchers and Fire Department personnel now refer to "County Fire (unit designator)" instead of "Central Fire (unit designator)."
Comments - Feedback - Input - Rebuttals
Back to Dave's Home Page
Last updated on January 5, 2004.
David W. Schultheis, San Josť, Silicon Valley, Santa Clara County, California, USA